Monday, December 14, 2009

Shattered Glass yet still whole


I was walking back to the office this afternoon, when I was talking to God and focusing on my faith and the issues at hand when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was some broken glass in a pile of dirt. I don't know why it caught my attention, but it did, as I walked by. Maybe it was the glitter of the broken glass in the sunny,December, cold air. What ever it was, I paused and went over and looked at it. And to my surprise and wonder, I saw a jagged diamond shaped piece of glass, that was whole yet, I could see it was completely fractured in a lace-like pattern. I gently picked it up, wondering what caused it, a ruined piece of glass, yet beautiful at the same time.


It was then when God spoke to my heart and told me that it doesn't matter how fractured it is, because it is still whole. Just like myself. I may struggle and feel very fractured in this world I live, yet no matter how hard it seems, I am still “whole” in God's eyes. It is God that keeps my fractured parts glued together when facing the stress of this world.


We all have roadblocks and stumbling blocks to becoming the person God made us to be. Those stumbling blocks might be a sin that is being committed all the time in worldly living like excess smoking, getting drunk, swearing or not being a Godly example to others. I know my major roadblock to being the person God made me to be is self worth. I struggle with myself worth all the time, because it is the things of the world, that are reflecting the negative things upon me. Pointing all my faults and cracks my personality has.


I know why God showed me that shattered piece of glass, which was still whole. God showed me that even though the glass seemed broken, it was still whole. It looked ruined yet it's fractured state, it was still beautiful. Just like me. Just like you.


In John 1:12, states I am a child of God. At times, it is hard for me to remember that, but things like that fractured piece of glass point to it.


God made sure if I didn't understand the lesson He was trying to give me with the glass, that I saw what he was trying to point out.


FORWARD


As I was walking along with the delicate piece of unbroken glass, I looked up and saw a truck with the word “Forward” on it. It was huge and unmistakable. I realized what God was trying to get me to do. Not step back. Not to stand still. But to go forward in Faith, because I was not broken. I feel cracked and broken, but to God I am a whole piece of laced glass that He holds up to the sun, to see it shine.


If you feel broken, cracked or shattered, remember you are more like a piece of broken glass shattered into separate pieces yet still whole. It is the love of God that keeps your whole, even if we feel broken. It is a type of bondage, which we are caught up into. That isn't what the Lord has for us. We must always confess or focus on the positive and not the negative or the doubt or lack of faith in one's self because the Word of God says "God has dealt to each one a measure of faith (Romans 12:3) That means God secured faith with in us. He believes in us, regardless how we see ourselves.


2 Corinthians 3:17 says Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. \o/


So remember the fractured glass. Doesn't see it as something broken and destroyed by the world. See it as beautiful lace piece of grass, which God created, formed and knew it would have flaws. But if you look closers at the those flaws, a person will fail to see it as a whole. Close your eyes, step back a bit and then open them. The full picture then comes to view as God sees it. It is no longer just fractured or broken glass, but a beautiful laced glass, whole unique and special. Much like a stained glass window, the beauty can't be seen by the naked eye, until one steps back and stands in the light.


Allow your broken glass to stand in the light, so Jesus can allow His grace to shine through. It is only if a person does that, can that person see the beauty of the broken glass. Just like God showed me with my simple little walk.


I am not the broken glass sitting in the dirt. I am a beauty fractured piece of glass that God holds together with His love and Grace. I am, as you are a unique, beautiful piece of artwork.


God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment