Wednesday, June 17, 2009

God's treasures now laying in His hands


This morning as I was praying, I was laying my earthly treasures, the people I love, before the Lord in faith and trust I was reminded me something I did a couple days ago.



Just a couple days ago I was explaining to a young woman about something that God shared with me some weeks ago. It was about treasures. The original revelation was about 2 weeks ago, when I was talking to Phil, when God showed me "Treasures"


We have treasures in our lives. Our treasures are the people that we love. All treasures are long lasting but only some are present our whole lifetime and other treasures are only with us a short while. As I was explaining this to Phil why I wasn't depressed or upset and how God touched my heart so deeply. God showed me that even thought I am depressed about the particulars in my life, I have really not lost. I still have the treasures that I have been grieving that I have lost forever.


It was very hard to address a very sensitive issue without causing any wanted pain. I told Phil that even that he lost his 3 year old daughter, a very precious jewel, 6 years ago he really never lost her. She is still in his treasure chest, and she remains there for him to always look at. Her time to be out of the special resting place had ended and God placed her in Phil's treasure chest for safe keeping. I went on to explain, the same was true of my Gram, even the jewel that was my love for Travis, once our relationship had ended. The jewels of their lives were still there, just placed for safe keeping in my treasure chest.


What ever the purpose, some jewels are no longer present in the daily showing of their beauty, such as Phil's young daughter. God's purpose for that small jewel had been accomplished and it was His that called her home, and the jewel was placed in a safe keeping.


This piece of scripture really hits home to me from what God shared with me that day.


Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be. Matthew 6:20-21

It is those treasures are in the treasure chest of your heart, as well as in God's hands. So when I pray for those that I love, I always tell my Father God that I am laying my treasure in His hands, because He knows as I do know now, how precious they really are.


My heart is no longer heavy with the loss of friendships, or loves. I am not saddened by the death of loved ones. I am joyful because I have not lost them. They are still my treasures. They are just in the safe keeping of my Lord. As well, no matter what, what might befall my precious treasures, I know with all my heart that the Joy of the Lord is my strength.


Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

So I was explaining this to a young woman the other day as she was grieving over the loss of a dear friendship. I told her, she still have the treasure in that friendship. That she always would. It just possible it will never been held as closely as the past, but only as a jewel never to be taken out of the treasure chest that God placed there. We won't know the reasoning or why, but we must have peace in it.


I can really see this as a jewel itself among my own jewels in my own treasure chest.


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:


2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;


3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;


4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;


5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;


6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;


7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;


8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


Each treasure has a purpose, and has a time for it to shine. We just must understand and have peace with those treasures that we have had to give up because their timeline for their period of glory has run its course according to God's will.


Have peace. . .


You have not lost your treasures. . .


They are only in a different place for safe keeping. . .


The treasure chest of one's heart.


Have peace. Be still and know He is God.


And you will see those treasures still shining and sparkling.



1 comment:

  1. Really amazing loved it. Im glad we are friends :) Peace out and GOD BLESS you.

    ReplyDelete